Monday, February 26, 2007

Update...

...cuz I prolly won't talk at y'all for a bit.

It's my last week here in California. I have two more days at work and a what seems to be endless packing still to do.

It's actually my last night living as a single gal.

And I spent it watching Prison Break and 24 as I always do. :P

Dingus arrives tomorrow night (super late) and I can't wait for him to get here. The house is a mess, there are boxes everywhere, I'm mean as a snake at work, and I'm just anxious to get on the road and get going.

I'm training the "new me" at work. A really nice guy too, super smart, great personality -- he's gonna do just fine. Today my boss asks me if it's "wierd" to be training my replacement. Then he proceeds to go on about how much he's going to miss me and how difficult it is to say goodbye.

Love you Bossman, but those conversations are best had when I'm drunk. Which I will be. On Wednesday night. :P

Tomorrow they are taking me out to lunch and then I'm going to get my hair cut. Basically a "goodbye" haircut with my hairdreser Melissa who's been my hairdresser for the last 12 years. I've already said I'm flying back every 8 weeks to get my hair cut...ha, he thinks I'm kidding about that. Then I'm off to K & J's house to have dinner and say goodbye to my friends, my little buddy, and my goddaughter. Meh...I'm not that worried about it. We'll see each other again..and often.

Wednesday night we are all going out for drinks. Lucky Dingus gets to hang out at the crap-house all day long trying to pack a little of what is left (and taking out the garbage....it won't stop raining here so I haven't taken out any garbage. Yeah, there's A LOT of garbage.) and then picking me up later in the day when I'm all drunk and weepy. What a lucky guy, eh? :P

Then we spend all day Thursday packing (because as my father pointed out, during our little fight on Saturday, I really should have been done by now, HE would) and then friends will be stopping by on Thursday night to say goodbye and help if they can.

Friday morning the movers come. (Thank goodness -- I wish they'd come now just to move some of the crap outta my way.) I've hired some folks to clean the place so basically after the movers come and we pack the car (with the poor stressed-out kitties) we are on our way.

Except then we have to stop at my parent's house 3 hours up the road on our way home. THEN we are on our way. :-)

I neglected to tell y'all that we applied for a rental house and we DID in fact, get it. I haven't seen it yet, but based on the pictures I saw and Dingus's testimony, I am going to LOVE it. I'm so happy that we are moving right into that place too. I'm filled with excitement about finally making the move up there, and then making into this great place that we wanted...and seeing it for the first time too. As a resident, and not a visitor. :-) He has already pretty much moved in. He called movers on Tuesday and they moved almost all of his things from our little apartment into this new house. I was almost jealous...damn!

At the time I first talked to Dingus tonight he said "29 hours to go and then no more visiting. Ever."

It's hard to imagine when we ran down all the (some unsavory) details about the past year. It's hard to believe it's finally happening and we are finally gonna be together like we wanted.

Exhilirating and scary at the same time. I feel bad for him...he doesn't want to watch me say goodbye to everyone, and he certainly doesn't want to watch me cry while I do it. But I want him there for the parties and the goodbyes, I want everyone to meet him. Because while I'll be sad to say goodbye to my friends, they all know that I am on my way to a better life. A new life -- a new start -- a new and happy future. And I'd like them to put a face with that future. They all want to meet him too. (Those who haven't already, that is.)

And all of them, as much as they may blubber and cry and hold me are all pushing out of the door and on my way. They agree it is also what's best for me. :-)

So, I'll prolly be offline the next few days, as I get all my shit together and put in a truck, both here and at work. But when I get up there, and he goes to work, I'm probably going to need a little company and a little reassurance. So I'll see ya on Monday. :P

It makes me giggle just a bit that he doesn't like to hear about how tough it is for me to say goodbye. And I'm sure it's going to be hard on him to be at the party and WATCH me say goodbye -- in my overly dramatic, I'm totally drunk, I love you guys, kinda way. What he forgets is the one thing that I worry about and need to be reminded about.

I just hope I'm good enough.

12 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Thanks for letting us know the current status! Congrats on the rental house. What a great thing to have it ready for you to move in! The kitties will be happy. I hope their ride goes ok (for you AND them!).

Savor these memories. I'm so glad you are leaving on such a positive note. *smooch*

arkie said...

As someone who knows you, you're good enough. You're more than good enough.

I'm glad I'm home today, because reading this makes me cry. I'm just so happy for you.

~Nutz said...

Best wishes on your new life! It will be fabulous!

momma said...

Yay, Yay, Yay! I'm excited and scared for you, too. It will all be wonderful. Just don't get too irritated with each other during the packing/moving/goodbye/unpacking/hello phase. Cause I'll be the first to tell you that it's frustrating as hell. *grin*

Love you!

frodis said...

I'm SO happy for you!! Try to laugh at the stressy parts of the move. You're not just good enough, you're fantastic, and you deserve every happiness.

lights said...

So excited for you and Dingus! It's been almost a year since I left my last job (where I'd been for 20 years) and I still miss some of the people but I've made so many new friends at my new job that it does make it easier. You will too. How could anyone not love the Catt? *smooooches*

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Good luck on your new Adventure! Enjoy the beautiful new city!!

Puffy said...

Wow! Changes, changes and more changes. Best of luck with all of them. You're lucky peeps!

DingusIsTaken said...

Update!

Move went pretty well, the cats were SO great...really, unbelievably great.

Catt loves the new place, and is very eager to get online and update with all the details. Probably a couple more days until that can happen.

Thanks for all the good vibes!

kim (weltek) said...

Glad to at least get a nugget of update and hear things went well. Thanks, Dingus! Give Catt a smooch for me.

maroonclown said...

Awesome news. Glad it all went well. Now, all that's left is to get on with life.

*claps hands and jumps up and down* Yay!!

mysticwolf said...

I haven't been to blogland lately, so I'm late to the party. But, one thing I know? You're good enough. And, so is he.